Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Welcome to my room!!

Hello and happy Tuesday everyone! The last few days have been absolutely crazy...great, but crazy! And I know I've got a few more 'crazy' days ahead of me still. There's always a comfort in the back of my head though through those long never ending days..."I get to go home to my room."

It may sound silly to some to think of a room as being a comfort, but my bedroom has always ALWAYS been an extremely important part of my life.  Why?  Well, not only do I loooove interior design and pride myself in the fact that I get to design an entire room to myself BUT my bedroom is also my place of peace.  When I was little and having a hard day I'd go to my room, shut the door, turn off the lights, light some candles, and soak to worship music...and this His PEACE that 'surpasses all understanding' would come...and everything was okay again...and I was okay again.  And my room continues to be that same place of peace, His peace, even today.

So, here it is!  A glimpse further into my world...into my room!  You'll also see some of my favorite things in my room...little thrifty finds and cherished gifts.  My dream is to one day have my own art studio but for now you'll see a peek at my current 'art studio' in my room where all of my pieces are created!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

View when you first walk in
And when you turn right...closet and pictures of me and Andrew through the years!
Now looking left from the closet...my 'art studio' so to say!! Here is where all of my pieces are created! One of my favorite parts of my room :)

Still moving left...here's one of my favorite pictures of my room.  Hello gorgeous lights and thrify finds like my pretty lace curtains!
Continue left from my bed and you'll find my keyboard and more pictures of friends and loved ones!
And finally reach back to my dresser!


And now some of my favorite parts...My Kelly Rae Roberts calendar behind my door with of course...more pictures!!

One of my all time favorite thifty finds that now hold art supplies
Lights!!! And more thrifty finds including my flower picture, shelf, and clock.  Also love the Ugandan coke bottle and old picture of me and Andrew :)
Again, more thrifty finds including my antique flower vase and tin box, and of course my beautiful Ugandan elephant!

I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek into my room.  I truly loved being able to share it with you!! I pray that you are filled with His PEACE the rest of this evening and through the rest of this week.  Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

  1. waauw what a pretty room, of course totally cool for a pretty lady! Nice soft colours and lights. Vewy naaice!
    Djebale ko nyabo! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete