Monday, May 13, 2013

Unexpected Little Blessing :)

It's Monday! What a great week ahead for all of us...why you ask? Well because, God is GOOD!! :)

This is my last week of school and I can hardly believe how quickly this semester has gone.  I can honestly say that it's truly been a great first semester of college!  Each day this week (Mon-Thurs) ends a different class for me and today was the end of my English class...I was so blessed in the most unexpected way and I just had to share it with you.

After my final exam, some shared class cookies (did I mention how awesome that class was?), and some goodbye words from my English teacher, we all started packing up to leave.  As I was packing my bag, a girl in my class walked up to me and laid a note on my desk that's envelope read "Bekah".  I was so surprised and had absolutely no idea what to expect inside this lovely note.  As everyone started leaving, I quickly opened the note eager to see what it said...and what it said was better than anything I could've ever hoped for. 

Here are a few of the lines that she wrote me... "You're probably wondering to yourself, 'why is this girl giving me a note?! How weird!'" "...there's something about you that's different.  It's not because we happen to share a similar view on a topic..." "...It's more than that- it's who you are inside.  It's because you have something most people lack- you have a heart.  People you meet will try to tell you that you're wrong for the way you are, how you see the world, what you think and feel, but it's because you're a good person and people can't relate to what they can't understand." She ends by saying, "Don't let anyone ever try to snuff out your light."

I was in shock.  And I was blessed beyond words.  This girl and I had only had a few conversations together and yet there was apparently something that stood out to her about me...and I'm 100% positive that what she saw in me was Jesus. 

And that is why I'm sharing this with all of you today.  To encourage and remind each and every one of you, that once you know Jesus and let Him live inside of you...others will see a difference.  Let His love and His light shine through you and others will notice...they might not understand what it is that makes you different if they don't yet know who HE is, but they will see it and His light will continue to touch all you encounter.  And just maybe, just maybe one of those people will tell you...and God will use it to bless and encourage you just like this girl's words were used to bless and encourage me. 

Thank you Father for blessing me today.  And thank You for the light that You're continually shining out through me...may nothing, no fears or darkness in this world, ever dim the light you've given and may every eye who reads this, be blessed by Your light too.  In Your precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment