Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Goals And New Canvas!



Me again! :) Hope all of your Thursdays have been fantastic!  Its almost the weekend, hold on in there...just one more day!!  I'm going to start by doing one of my favorite things...sharing one of my new art pieces with you!  Below is my newest canvas called "Fly".  I created this the other night and actually ended up covering up an older canvas I made a few weeks ago (don't worry, it wasn't any of the ones I've shown you guys!)  The old canvas I covered with this new one was something I had made and ended up never finishing.  SO, instead of having an unfinished canvas staring at me every day, I now have this one smiling at me!! Let me just tell you a little secret...I really really like it :)


I always love how I end up coming up with my pieces because when I start, I never know what it's going to end up looking like.  It's always a complete surprise...even for me!  I started this one by covering the old piece with white paint and then lots of book papers...lots and lots!! Then I just happened to notice that one of the torn book papers I had added kind of resembled the shape of a bird...and the rest they say is history! This pretty red bird came to life and had a little piece of wisdom to share too...  "Break open the cage that holds you back, spread your wings and fly."  Thank you Lord for those words!  Help me truly break from any cage still holding me back (fear is always the biggest one) and may that freedom bring me soaring to places I never thought I'd be!  

Here are a few more pictures of 'Fly'.  Find details and purchase information at my Etsy shop located here



Now it's goal time! I want to be honest and say that I unfortunately did not complete all of my April goals...oh no!! :( But I was close, very very close.  Here's a little break down of how my April goals went...  I ended up creating four complete pieces of art instead of my goal of creating six (definitely one of the things I have trouble finding the time to do!), I was able to research the boring 'legalities' (would love to continue learning more though), I was able to set up a free accounting system online, I continued blogging twice a week (wrote an entire post about changing part of this goal which has helped...a lot!), AND last but not least, I tried to work at least 15 hours a week on my creative business (I need to start tracking my hours down in my planner because my log time 'notes' in my phone deleted itself...wahhh!)



Did I accomplish everything? No. But am I excited and ready to try again?? Yes! I've been dreaming big for this month ahead guys and there are lots of things I'm very excited about :) Here's what I've got planned...

Goals for the month of May:
1.  Get business cards made and start passing them out out out!!
2.  Figure out how I want my 'shipping presentation' to look 
3.  Get prints made for at least one canvas.
4.  Make at least one sale on Etsy!   
5.  Try to actually create SIX pieces of artwork this month.
6.  Continue blogging twice a week.
7.  Continue trying to work on my creative business for at least 15 hours a week and actual track it this month in my new planner!

How am I going to meet all of those goals you ask?? Well, here's my game plan... Make steps of what it'll take to reach each goal, put each of those individual steps into my planner (just got one and am so excited to see if it helps improve my time management!), and share some of those steps with people around me to help me stay accountable.  That's the plan, so we'll see how it goes! 

What about you? Have you been thinking about what you'd like to accomplish during this beautiful month of May? I'd encourage you to take a few minutes sometime soon to write down a few goals for May...and hey, maybe at the end of the month you'd even feel like sharing them on here?! And when you're thinking of your goals make sure you remember to..."Break open the cage that holds you back, spread your wings and fly!"   

Talk to you all again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment