Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Simplicity

Good afternoon everyone! How did Wednesday creep up so quickly?? I guess being busy must have something to do with the missing time ;) The last few days I've been struggling with spending enough time on art stuff...I don't know why it's so hard for me to say 'NO' to spending time on other things sometimes...but luckily today I've been working away! I've got a few different projects I'm in the middle of and have some ideas for future ones too...I love love LOVE my job :) Below are some sneak peeks at the stuff I'm working on...


For some reason managing my time continues to be a big struggle for me...and I'm sure I'm not the only one out there feeling like there just aren't enough hours in each day.  There are far too many things I could be doing, people I could be seeing, places I could be going...far too many excuses I could use to tell myself, "I'll just do art tomorrow." Besides missing time with my creative business stuff there are also other areas of my life that feel like they're lacking...it's a balancing act that I just can't quite seem to figure out.  Luckily, I know I'm not meant to do it on my own...

The other day I went to a friend's garage sale and a book I had never heard of caught my attention...the title read, "Becoming a Woman of Simplicity." Those words spoke so loud and so clear and I immediately knew that I needed to buy it! What does it look like to be a woman of simplicity?  I started wondering. Someone who doesn't wake up tired in the mornings or run from place to place to place...someone who walks in quietness and confidence all throughout the day...someone who's face shines joy and peace rather than stress...someone who is fully living and enjoying each and every moment of each and every day. Because friends, sometimes I feel like I'm all doing the opposite of all those things...and I really don't want that to be ME.

I've only just started reading the book and already feel inspired.  It's actually a devotional with different verses and things to think about, and I love being able to look through it in the morning and remember that He has a plan for my day that is far better than mine...and that plan doesn't involve running myself dry.

So I'm excited and ready to see how God uses this newly found treasure in my quiet time with Him. I already recommend it to anyone else out there who might need a little extra daily reminder to slow down...breathe deep...and rest in His peace.

Have a wonderful super amazing next few days...and go enjoy the beautiful sun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment