Monday, April 8, 2013

Your Blank Canvas

Hello YOU!! It's Monday and that means the start of a whole new week!  Who knows what could be in store for each of us?! :)

The start of a new week, just like the start of a new season in life or new adventure, reminds me of a blank canvas.  When I set a blank canvas down in front of me, there are always so many thoughts and emotions running through my mind...What colors should I use?  Which mediums should I start with?  What do I want this white canvas to mean to me or say when I'm finished?  I'm excited and anxious all at the same time...Because when a blank canvas is set down in front of me, there are unlimited possibilities.  I could do anything, absolutely anything!  And sometimes that feeling can be a little overwhelming when I have pure white staring back at me. 

I feel the same way about this stage of life I'm in right now.  I could do anything.  Go anywhere.  Be anyone.  I have unlimited possibilities ahead of me and at times, it can be a little overwhelming.  How do I know if I'm in the right place?  Doing the right things?  Heading in the right direction?  There's only one thing that has kept me from going crazy while all of these questions spin throughout my mind...Jesus.
Jesus is the One I go to when I have 'pure white staring back at me'.  And He's been, time and time again, the ONLY place I find peace to my 'blank canvas'.  I can relax, anxiety free, knowing that God has me right here, right now, for a reason...and that when it's time to move on, He'll let me know because I'll have His peace.  All cares, fears, and worries gone knowing that a trustworthy God has a perfect plan for my life!  Jesus is the answer.  Because through Jesus I find all the colors, mediums, emotions, and words I need in order to embrace my canvas with JOY and PEACE!  And there's no better feeling in the whole wide world.
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, " says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."   Isaiah 55:8-9
"For you shall go out with joy and be led out with peace..." Isaiah 55:12


And that's my prayer for YOU.  That you would look to Him to help you fill each blank canvas that comes your way.  That you would no longer have any anxiety, any worries, any fears about how it's all going to work out...knowing that He's got you right where you are for a reason and a purpose.  Journey with Him, you don't have to do it alone. 

May you continue on through the rest of this week in joy and in peace and be blessed beyond imagine!  Enjoy where you are.  "Be All There." -Ann Voskamp
Hope to see you again soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment