Monday, April 1, 2013

April Goals...Training wheels off!

Hello friends :) It's Monday as I'm sure you're well aware of by now (I always end up blogging so late in the day) and I hope you've all had a fabulous start of the week! I've had one of those super productive feeling days...you know those cleaning, laundry, more cleaning type of days...everything's sparkly fresh and it makes me happy!! 

Not only is it a sparkly fresh Monday, but it's also April 1.  The end of March has passed and the beginning of April is here!  A time to reflect and be thankful for all that happened the month prior and a chance to start dreaming for the month ahead...

Anyone remember my second blog post about the four goals that I had to finish before the end of March?  Well guess what, I did it!!  I started a blog and have been writing three times a week, opened an Etsy account (by far the hardest of the goals to reach), opened a separate Facebook page, and have been working on all of my 'creative business stuff for about 15 hours each week (guesstimated.)  Reflecting on all that happened last month and all that was accomplished, I've been able to have a new perspective and create some goals for the month of April.  And once again, I'm going to share them with YOU!!  Feeling honored??  You certainly should! ;)

Goals for the month of April:
1.  Create six mixed media pieces (I felt a major lacking of actual 'art' time last month...time for a goal to get me creating again!)
2.  Research and better understand some 'legalities' (the boring yet important bits about things like needing a seller's permit, charging sales tax, getting copyrighted etc.)
3.  Set up a proper accounting system (heard of this great free online accounting system called Outright and I'm excited to check it out! Well, as excited as you can get when it comes to accounting...)
4.  Continue blogging three times a week.
5.  Continue working on my creative business for a total of 15 hours each week (and actually track it this time.)

Whew!  Sounds like a lot just typing it all...and trust me, I didn't even add everything on there that's running through my head and eventually needing to be done!  It's all about baby steps...breathing...and more baby steps.  Continually moving forward, no matter what it looks like.  No more standing still.  No more starting over...

It's time to take my training wheels off...and peddle with everything I've got.

I encourage you to take your training wheels off too...whatever that may look like in your life.  Jump out there!  Try something that scares you.  Stop standing still...it's time to move forward.  It's time to MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment