Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Slight Change in Plans AND 'Why imbekahmarie'??

Hello everybody, halfway through the week and still going strong I hope?! :) I'm sharing about a slight change in one of my goal plans for this month.  And that's what I love about making your own goals...you can tweak them as needed!

It's not a huge 'tweak' but it's something that's been crossing my mind ever since starting this blog.  And it then became something my sweet boyfriend suggested might help me too!  I've decided to cut back from writing three times a week, to writing two.  Probably not as epic as you were expecting, huh? ;)

Even though it may not sound like that big of a change, I truly believe it's going to help me...a lot!  I want more time to focus on creating art and on learning more about what I should be doing next for my creative business.  I'm also finding that, at times, my blog seems forgotten about...put last.  And I don't want that.  I don't want that at all!  (Not sure if you've noticed when I can't keep up with blogging three times a week...but it's happened a few times already. Oh no!!)  Cutting down a bit will help me feel like I'm able to put my blog above other things because it won't feel as demanding when life gets crazy.  Because in the end, my main goal for this blog isn't to write three blog posts weekly forever and ever.  No!  My main goal for this blog is for it to stay enjoyable, stay creative, stay encouraging...and stay me!  And I'm doing what needs to be done in order for it to stay that way.

Even while writing this I feel relieved that the unwanted and unneeded pressure of too many blog posts is no longer weighing on me.  I love knowing that I tried out a goal, learned along the way, and am able to confidently altar it in order to continue doing my best!! 

I hope that all of you guys know that the same goes for you.  The Lord gives us passions and desires but you know what?  It's okay if they change!  In fact...they WILL change!  Because YOU are always changing, always growing.  And I believe that allowing ourselves that 'growth' is absolutely necessary to becoming all that we're meant to be.  In fact, that's why I've chosen 'imbekahmarie' as the name of my creative business right now.  It's something that can be used for as long as I live, no matter if my passions and interests end up changing over time.  Whether I stick with mixed media forever or end up doing interior design, sewing, or knitting for all I know, I'll be able to keep my business name along the way with no fear of CHANGE.  Because change is good my friends, change is very good :)

Father bless the rest of our weeks and continually grow our passions more and more each day.  That we would never stop dreaming, imagining, and running after the desires You put into our hearts.  Help us know what it looks like to pursue those and help us enjoy every step of the way!  In all we do, let us bring glory and honor to Your name.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

See you next week friends!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment