Friday, April 5, 2013

My newest mixed media piece!

It's already Friday!!! How did Friday come so quickly...?  My week has been very busy, but very great.  Lots and lots to do and I'm learning how important proper time management is when it comes to succeeding at your goals in the middle of juggling a busy schedule.  Definitely going to be focusing some time in the next few days to making a 'work schedule' for my artwork so that I make sure I'm fulfilling my goal of working 15 hours a week on my creative business!  I'm very determined to make it work.

Wednesday and Thursday I worked on my newest mixed media piece and I wanted to share it with you guys...
Isaiah 61:3 says, "...To give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified."

This piece is called 'Beauty for Ashes' and came out of a place of thankfulness for the undeserving grace that God's given me...knowing that, as Gungor so beautifully puts it, "You make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of the dust.  You make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of us."  I love that song because it's such truth.  And just as Isaiah 61:3 talks about, He's taken my ashes, my mourning, my heaviness; and through His grace He's transformed me into something beautiful.

You can find a link to this new piece in my Etsy store here.  I hope that it blesses and encourages you as much as it has blessed and encouraged me

Have an amazing weekend everyone and never forget the grace that He FREELY gives to all those who seek Him.  If you have a few minutes, listen to 'Beautiful Things' by Gungor, linked here.  It's truly worth your time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment