Monday, March 4, 2013

My journey begins, and I'd love for you to join me!






Hello, I'm Bekah Marie.  And this is me taking one tiny step closer towards the dreams and passions inside me that make my heart jump with excitement...those things that stir me at my very core.  This is me saying 'Hello beautiful world, I'd like to share something with you." 

If I could be anyone in the whole wide world, I would be an artist.  I would be an artist and start my own creative business.  The truth though is that I've been afraid.  Afraid of not being good enough.  Afraid of pouring my heart into something so uncertain and so unseen, and failing.  Flat out failing.  But I've been realizing something over the last few months that's been yelling at me louder than the fears...I just can't wait anymore.  I can't let this fear and uncertainty hold me back any longer because there's God given passions and talents leaping to get out of me.  And I'm choosing to say yes!  To partner with the Master Creator Himself, pushing all fears aside, and running harder than ever before towards the desires of my heart.

And that's exactly what you're going to find here on this blog.  My heart.  My heart is to love people.  Encourage and uplift.  My heart is to create with wild abandon, beauty, and freedom through the gift of knowing who God has made me to be and through the passions and talents He's given.  And it would be the biggest blessing ever if through me sharing my journey ahead with you, you were somehow able to walk away encouraged and strengthened too.  And that's my prayer.  That this blog would become a source of encouragement, inspiration, beauty and Truth as I embark on an adventure to find my creative voice and soar.  1 Corinthians 10:31 "...whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." v. 33 "...not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many that they may be saved."
This is my goal.

I now want to share a story with you.  A story that really tested all these things I've been thinking in my head and forced me to prove whether or not I truly wanted all that I had been desiring... 

I had been trying to find a job for months with absolutely no luck.  At all.  Every single door remained shut and I was really confused and discouraged as to why.  A few weeks ago though, I finally started looking at my schedule and realized something...any free time that I currently had, I tried to spend it doing art.  And if I tried adding a part time job to my schedule I would have absolutely no time to work on my art anymore.  It finally occurred to me that maybe the reason why I hadn't been able to find a job was because now was my time to fully run towards my dreams of being an artist and starting my own creative business.  Maybe now was my time to start working towards what I've been wanting for so long.  And this thought brought me so much peace.  I even shared with my amazing boyfriend, Andrew, about it all and told him how excited I was that I finally found what to do with this season that I was in.  Until the next day hit.  And with this new day came three different possible job opportunities...that's right, threeeeee.  Should I pursue them since I had been looking for a job for months?  Or should I stick to the peace that I had just found in the thought of focusing on my art?  I was now more confused than before.  So I prayed, and prayed some more.  And I got some very direct and right on verses that really helped me understand what to do in that mess of a place I was in.... Ephesians 4:1 "...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called..." 2 Corinthians 8:10 "And in this I give advice: It is to your advantage not only to be doing what you began and were desiring to do a year ago; v.11 but now you also must complete the doing of it, that as there was a readiness to desire it, so there also may be a completion out of what you have." After lots of prayer and being given these verses, I knew that I needed to stick to the peace I had about pursuing what I am called to do, the desires I've been wanting to complete and fulfill for so long.  I felt like the Lord was testing me..."Did you really mean what you had said last night Bekah?"  "Would you really be willing to give up a job in order to pursue the scary and unknown?" 

My answer is yes.  Yes Lord, I am willing to let go of the certain and run with you into the unknown.  I am willing to push through all those fears that have been yelling for so long and I choose to believe in the Truth.  I'm ready to take those creative passions and dreams that are such a part of who I am, and I'm ready to give them all I've got.  I absolutely love this quote by Corrie Ten Boom, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." 



This blog doesn't look or sound perfect...and that's okay.  My art will never be perfect or loved by everyone...and that's okay.  I don't really have a clue as to what I'm getting myself into or how it's all going to work...and that's okay.  I don't have all the information, money, resources, or answers yet but guess what?  That's okay.  And you are now a witness.  Yes you, sitting reading this extremely long post...whoever you may be.  You are a witness to the beginning of a beautifully messy journey.  And I'm so thankful, excited and blessed that you're here for the run. 

 One of my mixed media pieces on canvas that really spoke to me about this season that I'm in..."Unlock the doors you never thought you'd open."

Here I go













4 comments:

  1. Bekah, there is no becoming an artist...you ARE an artist! Someone once said, "It is only by thinking differently that we can see, do, or become that which we have never seen or never done or never become that which God created us to be".

    You are an encouragement to me, Bekah. Keep it coming and create! Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you guys!! You are always so encouraging and I don't know what I would do without you both. Thanks for always believing in me...Love you both!

      Delete
  2. Waauw Bekah, beautiful, just as you!
    Keep it going girl, seems you are on the right track!!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lenke, you're very sweet <3 Miss my partner in crime!!

      Delete