Monday, March 25, 2013

Etsy: What and Why?

It's Monday already! Wow how time flies.  I'm not sure if anyone actually noticed but I only ended up with two blog posts last week.  GASP!  Ironically enough, my excuse is the exact same excuse as the last time I was late on an entry...camping!  (Believe me, I would come up with a way more exciting excuse if I were actually trying to lie to you.)  Camping for two weekends in a row was very fun but I'm definitely excited that this coming weekend with not involve sleeping in a tent. 
 
Today I looked at the calendar and realized how soon this beautiful month of March will be coming to an end...which means the opening of my Etsy account is coming SOON!!!  I then realized that even though I've been a very huge of fan of Etsy for a few years now, there are many people who have actually never heard of Etsy.  But have no fear!  I am here to help :) 
 
Etsy is this...a place where creativity and beauty meet.  A place where people from all over the world can create, share, and sell gorgeous pieces with others.  A place where creative passions run wild and anything seems possible.  Etsy is for anyone trying to find one of a kind items...to find those little hidden treasures you can't find anywhere else in the whole entire universe.  It's also a place for those just interested in looking around and exploring what others have made.  The first few words to this paragraph have a link to Etsy itself.  Come look around and explore...I know you will find something that you will LOVE.  
(Picture credit: http://www.marketoloji.com/2011/01/12/etsy-comdan-facebook-destekli-hediye-onerileri/)
 
My goal of opening up an Etsy account before the end of this month is scary...very scary.  There are a lot of little things that need to be done in order to prepare for opening my shop...lots of thoughts continually running through my head.  BUT, I know that it's going to be the beginning of something great.  I have no idea what to expect, no idea if anything will actually get sold but here's what I do know.  I know that in this scary vulnerable place, this place of sharing my heart with the world and having no control of the outcome, in this very act of diving into the unknown...it will bring glory to His name. 
 
And that is why I'm alive.  To bring glory to the name of Jesus through the very gifts and talents that He's given me.  Once my store is open, the rest is up to Him.  He can use it however He wants to use it.  I used this quote in my very first blog post but I'm using it again because of how absolutely powerful it has been in this current season of my life..."Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." -Corrie Ten Boom.  I cannot emphasize enough how powerful and life changing this truth is.  The truth that our futures will forever be unknown, but that He will forever be trustworthy.
 
What is that thing that you're afraid to do?  That thing that maybe even came to mind while reading this today... Is there something you're interested in learning?  A hobby/interest that you're wanting to pursue again?  A place you want to go or a person you want to talk to?  Bring it to Him.  Share with Him your heart, your fears.  He already knows and He's waiting, literally waiting, for that moment that you surrender complete control of your future to Him.

Lord I surrender my future Etsy store to You.  May you use it to bring glory and honor to Your name...whatever that may look like.  May You use my artwork to speak to those who don't yet know you and may they come to understand the absolute beauty and Truth of who You are.  In Your precious name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment